Level 1 and 2 Officials Clinic led by 2016 Olympic Official Kelly Mahoney at the Sport for Life Centre
Level 1 - 10 am-12 pm
Level 2 - 1 pm-4 pm
Clinic is free of charge. To register please contact Leah, firstname.lastname@example.org
Wantingto give back to the sport? Interested in learning more about the rules orthinking of organizing a race? Want to support your club race? Orsupport your spouse or children as they participate? Then considerbecoming a triathlon official.
TriathlonManitoba is looking for people interested in learning more about triathlon andensuring the races in the province follow the principles of fair play andsafety.
LevelOne Triathlon Canada Officials Course April 29 10:00am-12:00pm
• Learn the basics ofthe Competition Rules (appropriate to provincial competition)
• Understand therationale behind the rules
• Learn how to enforcerules
• Level one officialswork under the guidance of more experienced officials (Level 2+)
• Work at Kids of Steel and adult races in the province
LevelTwo Triathlon Canada Officials Course April 29 1:00-4:00pm
Designedfor those who have participated as officials in the past and want to re-certifyor expand their knowledge of the rules of triathlon. Or for those interested inorganizing a multi-sport event.
• Gain a furtherunderstanding of rule interpretation and implementation
• Learn more aboutorganizing an event and operations
• Understand your roleas an official and your relationship with event organizers
• Enable you to act asa Race Referee (when you feel ready) at provincial competitions
• The gateway toofficiating at the national and international level
Participantstaking the courses are asked to commit to officiating a minimum of 3 events peryear in order to gain practical experience. All Triathlon Manitobaofficials receive free annual memberships.
The courseswill be held at the Sport for Life Building and facilitated by Kelly Mahoney,who has 15 years’ experience officiating at the local and internationallevel.