Manitoba Triathlon Centre (MTC):
Triathlon Manitoba is pleased to introduce the Manitoba Triathlon Centre Program. The MTC offers training for youth, junior and U23 athletes looking to develop their triathlon skills and compete at an elite level. Workouts for the program are planned, coordinated and individualized by Head Coach Gary Pallett with assistance from Assistant Coach, Greg Penner. Gary's expertise and guidance as a coach has seen his athletes achieve success on a provincial, national, and international level.
There are two training streams within MTC - Developmental (6-8 hours training per week) and High Performance (20-25 hours training per week).
- Athletes train at the Max Bell Arena on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm and at Pan Am Pool on Saturday mornings from 10 am - 11:30 am.
- Additional swim training opportunity on Mondays and Wednesday at Pan Am Pool, 8 pm - 9 pm with Triathlon MB's Swim Program.
High Performance Program:
- Athletes train at the U of M pool Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 8 am.
- Athletes train at the Max Bell Arena Monday-Friday from approx. 4:30 pm - 8 pm.
- Athletes train at Pan Am Pool on Saturdays from 10 am - 11:30 am.
The MTC Program also offers:
1. Development Cross Training - part time run & bike program, no swimming. Tuesdays and Thursdays at Max Bell Arena.
2. Bridging Program - invite only program from developmental to high performance by the Head Coach.
3. Satellite MTC Training Program - for athletes residing outside of Winnipeg wishing to receive online customized training plans from the Head Coach.
2017-18 MTC Program registration form, click here.
For more information, contact MTC Head Coach Gary Pallett at firstname.lastname@example.org or Triathlon Manitoba at email@example.com.